Thursday, March 10, 2005

(18-1) Bios -- ROSE WOOLEY, OLLIE FOLLWEILER and T.C. COTTRELL


ROSE WOOLEY

APRIL 11, 2005
LOOKING AT CEMETERIES AT CC AIR FORCE STATION

I was born and raised in Orlando, Fl., moved with my husband to Titusville in 1968. I'm a charter member of Genealogy Soc.of N. Brevard. I was a secretary at KSC (Kennedy Space Center) for 18 years, retiring in 1999. My interest in the cemeteries at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station began in 1990, when my supervisor mentioned “Mrs. Nathan Penny” was buried there in 1890 - (100 years ago) And there were other graves on the Air Force Station.



OLLIE FOLLWEILER
MAY 9, 2005
Funeral Homes and Privacy Act.

I was born in the Florida East Coast Railroad in St.Augustine and graduated from St.AugustineHigh School in 1969 along with my wife now, Sherry who grew up next to the Old Fort in St.Augustine where her parents had a fruit market. My mother was born in Jasper, Florida, at a sawmill where mygrandfather worked at that time (Oct. 1930). I started working for Craig Funeral Home in St.Augustine while I was going to junior college.That was how I got started in funeral service; we had ambulance service back then. I graduated from Mortuary College in Miami in Dec. 1972 and in 1984 we bought Beckman-Williamson Funeral Home in Cocoa Beach. In 2000 we opened another funeral home in Viera-Rockledge and have our own crematory which my son manages for us in Rockledge. I will speak to the Genealogical group about funeral home records, the privacy act, and most of all answer questions that anyone may have about funeral home records and funeral home practices.



T.C. COTTRELL
JUNE 13, 2005
Spread sheets for the Genealogists

Program Description - The program will include a brief overview of workbook and spreadsheet functions; a review of spreadsheet basics including how to format cell colors and styles and how to use simple math calculations to summarize numerical data; the design and use of a census tracking workbook with multiple spreadsheets to graphically track and display the status of census searches for individuals; designing and using a research log; and how to use excel to build complicated forms such as census forms that can be used to document the transcription of census records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home